Apply for booking entity authorisation

About this service

If you arrange bookings for a booked hire service using taxis, limousines or booked hire vehicles, you need to apply for a booking entity authorisation (BEA).

You can apply up to a five-year term on your BEA. The BEA is non-transferable and cannot be leased.

You will need the following documentation to apply:

All applicants
  • A valid TMR customer reference number (CRN) for each person on the BEA (up to 10 additional persons can be listed on the application)
  • An email address so you can receive notifications about your application
  • An accepted credit card to pay the application fee
  • A clearance letter/report issued by a relevant law enforcement authority of a foreign country is required for anyone who resided in another country for longer than 12 months in the past 10 years, and aged over 18 years for any period during this time
  • Any documents in a language other than English must be translated into English by a person accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) or an equivalent body recognised by a foreign government
  • Booking entities who provide ride-booking services (excluding taxis and limousines) may submit their vehicle identification sign for approval using this service.
If you're an Australian corporation:
If you're a foreign corporation:
If you're an individual who usually lives in a foreign country:

More information:


  • Cancel