Booked Hire Service Licence application

About this service

If you provide a booked hire service to customers in a vehicle other than a licensed taxi or limousine, you need a booked hire service licence (BHSL). For example, GoCatch or Uber drivers.

The BHSL is issued for an annual term and is non-transferable.

To apply online, you will need:

  • a valid TMR customer reference number for each associated person on the application
  • if you’re applying as a corporation, provide an:
    • Australian company number
    • Certificate of registration of a company
    • Current company extract identifying all current directors (available from ASIC)
  • an email address so you can receive notifications about your application
  • for the vehicle nominated on the licence:
    • current registration in Queensland
    • a current Certificate of Inspection
    • a change of compulsory third party (CTP) insurance class letter from your insurer, if you need to change your insurance class
    • a completed Form F5190 from the registered operator, if you are using someone’s vehicle
  • a Visa or Mastercard to pay the licence fee.

More information:

  • Cancel