Apply for booked hire service licence

About this service

If you provide a booked hire service to customers in a vehicle other than a licensed taxi or limousine, you need a booked hire service licence for your vehicle. For example, vehicles used by Shebah or Uber drivers.

The booked hire service licence is issued for a 1 year term and cannot be transferred to another person or corporation.

Please note: Left hand drive vehicles and dual control vehicles (such as driver trainer vehicles) are prohibited from providing booked hire services. You cannot apply for a booked hire service licence for these vehicles.

All applicants will need the following documentation to apply online:


If you're applying as a corporation, also provide:

Before applying please consider the following:

  • Applications can take up to twenty (20) business days to process.
  • Other drivers may use the vehicle listed on your booked hire service licence to provide ride-booking services, however they must have a current Driver Authorisation and carry a copy of the booked hire service licence for the vehicle.
  • If your application is approved, you will receive an email from TMR with your booked hire service licence
  • If your application is refused, you will receive notification from TMR.

More information:

  • Cancel