Bookings online

About this service

Face masks

We recommend you wear a face mask during your driving test.

You can only undertake a class RE/R motorbike practical riding test with Transport and Main Roads if you reside more than 100km from a Q-Ride registered service provider. Bookings for motorcycle practical riding tests may only be made by contacting Transport and Main Roads. Further details are available at

A booking can only be made for a date when you have held the appropriate licence for the required length of time. Further details are available at

Hazard perception test

  • All learner licence holders must have passed the hazard perception test before they can take the practical driving test. Enrol in the hazard perception test
  • If a learner driver has not passed the hazard perception test, their driving test will be cancelled and the fee forfeited.

If you hold an overseas licence, have held an interstate learners licence, or have an approved learners licence tenure or logbook exemption, bookings may only be possible by contacting Transport and Main Roads.

Your booking is not confirmed until you have paid and received your transaction receipt from this service. Your booking may be forfeited if not confirmed within 30 minutes. If you are unsure if this transaction has been completed please contact us to confirm.

Each booking is allocated a unique booking reference number. You should record this number for any future reference to this booking.

It is the licence holders responsibility to ensure that they hold a current driver licence for the test time. Failure to produce a current licence will result in the loss of your driving test fee.

The standard test duration is 45 minutes for C and LR tests and 90 minutes for MR, HR and HC tests.

The vehicle used for the driving test must meet minimum test vehicle standards.

Saturday driving tests are only available in certain locations and can be booked online. If you pass a driving test on a Saturday, you can pay with EFTPOS and get your licence on the day. If you need to use another form of payment, you must return to a transport and motoring customer service centre on a weekday during opening hours to get your licence.

  • Cancel